Juno is a gray wolf with long, curly brown fur and blue eyes. She is typically seen wearing her school uniform. This uniform consists of a white blouse and bow tie; a long, pleated white skirt decorated with two light blue horizontal lines near the hem; a thin, tan belt; white anklet socks; and black Mary Jane shoes.
During drama club practice, she wears a white t-shirt and red shorts. During the Meteor Festival, Juno wore a red, one-strap sleeveless dress with a semi-ruffled skirt and a thigh slit. She also wore noticeable makeup, a headdress of feathers with a veil, a choker, and red shoes. Her casual attire consists of long-sleeved blouses and knee-length skirts, in addition to low-heeled shoes.
Juno's appearance is inspired by a young Winona Ryder. Author Paru Itagaki wrote in Chapter 34.5 of Beastars: Volume 4 that Juno "has the sweet eyes of a child, but she's got an iron will."
Juno is quite social and is shown to treat all animals with kindness. She is described as having natural charisma. However, she has also shown to be a very ambitious person with a bit of a manipulative streak, and showed a completely different side to her usually perky self towards Louis, whom she intimidated.
She is very idealistic and believes in creating a better world for carnivores where they are praised for their true strength instead of being feared. Juno can be quite jealous and possessive and would do anything it takes to be the next Beastar and claim Legoshi for herself.
- Juno's name could have possibly been derived from the Roman goddess Juno, the wife of Jupiter and protectress of women and marriage, which refers to her romantic nature and how quickly she falls in love with boys. It can also be rendered in kanji as 寿乃 or 珠暢 which mean "you live long" or "long pearl."
- Depictions of the Roman goddess Juno always show her with a cloak made out of wolf fur.
- Juno is the only main character in the series whose family isn't mentioned or explored.
- Although she competed for the Beastar title, she eventually gave up on it, seeing that it was no competition for Louis.
- In exclusive omakes (extras) for Beastars, Paru Itagaki wrote that Juno was created as a foil to Haru, and was given more traditional traits of beauty. However, she found this direction uninteresting until she had Juno take action in Chapter 31, which was around when Itagaki "started to love her character."
|Main characters||Legoshi • Haru • Louis • Juno • Jack • Gohin|
|Secondary & recurring characters||Collot • Durham • Miguno • Voss • Els • Bill • Aoba • Tao • Kibi • Tem • Riz • Sanu • Sheila • Pina • Legom • Ibuki • Free • Dolph • Agata • Gosha • Yahya • Ogma • Seven • Sagwan • San • Kyuu|
|Antagonists||Mizuchi • Bill • Shishigumi • Chief Lion • Riz • Melon • Yahya • Ibuki|
|Minor characters||Mizuchi's Boyfriend • Kai • Dom • Cosmo • Utsugi • Rokume|
- Beastars - Volume 4, Chapter 34.5