The Old Year and the New Year of My Soul (この魂に ゆく年くる年, Kono tamashī ni yuku toshi kuru toshi?) is Chapter 90 of the manga Beastars written and illustrated by Paru Itagaki, published in the Weekly Shōnen Champion of the Akita Shoten publishing house.
The night of the duel has arrived, Legoshi crosses the city noticing the New Year's spirit that surrounds it. Legoshi reflects on how it would affect his loved ones if he died in his combat against Riz, realizing that in a single year he has met many people who love him.
An hour earlier, Legoshi was at Gohin's clinic, where he removed the bandages from his head and sees that his wound left a scar. Gohin tells him that a change in his face's appearance shows that he's going through a turning point in his life, and that whether he wins or loses, his fight with Riz will bring a great change in his life. Gohin says that if Legoshi lives or dies, it's going to be messy, but wishes him not to die. As both handshake, Gohin tells him that he is a carnivore of distinguished strength, mental and physical.
In the city, Legoshi does not know how to prepare for his duel and when he sees his phone, he notices that he has a missed call from Haru. Legoshi quickly calls her and Haru wishes him a Happy New Year, and tells him she's spending the holidays with her family. Haru tells Legoshi that there is a full moon so surely next year will be wonderful for him. He wishes Haru a Happy New Year and decides that if he manages to survive this year, he will pay a visit to his grandfather since he wants to know how a Komodo dragon and a wolf fell in love, and tell him that he fell in love with a rabbit. Legoshi goes his showdown determined to have a heart-to-heart chat with his grandfather.
Legoshi arrives at the place of the duel, under a bridge where Riz was waiting for him. He looks around noticing that Louis did not show up. Riz asks him if he is ready to start and tells him that he brought a "gong", although he will not make any more noise. Riz tells him that since he is usually calm and collected, he should do something that would make him really angry, so he won't hold back in the fight. Legoshi notices the smell of blood and Riz shows him his hands and shirt stained with Pina's blood, and they start the fight.
In the Black Market, the Shishigumi prepare for a turf war with a wolf gang. Louis thinks about Legoshi's duel that will take place and thinks that he could save him if he hurries. The Shishigumi intercepts the enemy and Louis complains about not being able to focus due to the wolves looking like Legoshi.
- Jack (flashback)
- Gohin (flashback)
- Haru's Father (debut)
- Haru's Mother (debut)
- Gosha (Legoshi's imagination/silhouette)
- Toki (Legoshi's imagination/silhouette)
- Pina (Legoshi's imagination)
- Riz's claw left a scar that Legoshi kept for the rest of the series.
- Legoshi decides to reconcile with Gosha.
- Riz tells Legoshi that he killed Pina.
- The fight between Legoshi and Riz begins.
- Louis reconsiders the idea of supporting Legoshi in his combat.
- It is revealed that Legoshi spends New Year's Eve at Cherryton Academy and that Jack wouldn't spend it with his parents because he doesn't want to leave Legoshi in the dorm by himself.
- It is mentioned that small animals are really family-oriented.
- It is revealed that the silver vine is used by cats as a kind of drug. The reaction to the silver vine is similar to the catnip response, but more intense.
- Previous of the chapter in the Weekly Shōnen Champion.